July 13, 2011

161.365-162.365: TX SAFE



161.365 daily photo. I learned through our neighborhood community Facebook page of a family around the corner from us who runs the non-profit organization for the Kyle, Texas chapter of SAFE (Stuffed Animals For Emergencies). SAFE provides a way for our community to help children in traumatic and emotional situations. By donating gently used stuffed animals, baby blankets, children's books and clothing, SAFE will bring them to Child Protective Services (CPS), fire departments, ambulance services, police and homeless shelters. These are my kids old (but gently used) baby blankets. I washed them and brought them over to my neighbor's home. We plan to do another drop off of stuffed animals soon.
Click here to find a SAFE chapter near you to donate to.

162.365 daily photo. I love packing and getting ready for a vacation!
Got the kids suitcases done, now onto my own.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I would have looked into this sooner! I had a ton of baby blankets (mostly new) and a bunch of stuffed animals. Ended up selling them at the last garage sale. Would have loved to donate to a worthy cause. I'm sure I still have more blankets though. Thanks for the link :)

Holly said...

I'm going camera shopping today~yippee! I thought you might have some suggestions. I've enjoyed your photos ...

Spence Ohana said...

Holly I love both my point and shoot cameras (see on my left sidebar), one is great for waterproof shots and the Samsung takes really clear shots. Happy camera shopping!